95% would make again
Whole Wheat Pasta With Lemon Kale Chicken
for 2 servings
- 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti (115 g)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups curly kale (135 g), chopped, ribs removed
- 1 lemon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 743
- Fat 39g
- Carbs 65g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 39g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Boil salted water and cook the pasta for 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package. When the pasta is finished cooking, reserve ¼ cup (60 ml) of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet. Season cubed chicken with salt and pepper, add it to the skillet, and brown it on each side. Once cooked through — about 2 to 4 minutes — remove from skillet and reserve.
- Heat remaining three tablespoons of olive oil in skillet and add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
- Add kale, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and reserved pasta water. Cook until kale is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, and pasta. Stir to coat, and serve immediately.