Whole Wheat Pasta With Lemon Kale Chicken
Looking for a healthy and delicious pasta dish? Try this Whole Wheat Pasta with Lemon Kale Chicken recipe! The pasta is mixed with flavorful lemon and garlic sautéed kale and tender chicken making it a satisfying and savory dinner.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
- kosher salt, to taste
- 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti (115 g)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups curly kale (135 g), chopped, ribs removed
- 1 lemon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Calories 864
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 62g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package, until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup (60 ml) of the pasta cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then it to the skillet, until browned on each side and cooked through, 2–4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the same skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the kale, reserved pasta water, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Cook until the kale is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and pasta to the pan with the kale and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here