11 Herbs And Spices Fried Chicken
featured in 12 Comfort Foods To Suit Every Mood
Flex your pantry muscles with this 11 herbs and spices fried chicken. The juicy and flavorful chicken is coated in a perfectly seasoned breading for a crispy and satisfying bite.
May 04, 2023
95% would make again
for 8 servings
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk (400 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 8 ½ cups vegetable oil (2 L)
Herbs and Spices Mix
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Beat the eggs into the buttermilk.
- Add the chicken pieces to the buttermilk mixture and chill for an hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour with all the herbs and spices.
- Coat the soaked chicken pieces in the herbed flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan to 325˚F (170°C), then turn to low heat.
- Fry the chicken in batches for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the skins turn golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.