95% would make again
Avocado Quinoa Power Salad
featured in 5 Recipes To Help You Get Over A Breakup
Inspired by copymethat.com
for 6 servings
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa (170 g), rinsed
- 2 cups fresh spinach (80 g), roughly chopped
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, pits removed and diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 296
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Transfer to a medium bowl to cool to room temperature, then fluff the quinoa.
- Refrigerate the quinoa for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado to the bowl of quinoa and mix to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix well.