96% would make again
Bacon Cheddar Baked Potato
featured in Loaded Baked Potatoes 4 Ways
for 3 servings
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g), plus more for topping
- ½ cup scallions (50 g), chopped
- ¾ cup bacon (170 g), chopped, divided
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g), plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup milk (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- chive, to serve
- Calories 808
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 60g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Carefully pierce potatoes with a fork. On a baking sheet oil the potatoes well and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for one hour. If making more potatoes, an additional 15 minutes per potato is needed.
- Once cooled, cut the potatoes vertically, scoop out the inside, and transfer to a bowl.
- In the bowl with the scooped out potato, add the cheese, scallions, ½ cup (110 g) of bacon, sour cream, butter, milk, and pepper, and mix well.
- Scoop the potato mixture back into the hollowed-out potatoes and top with cheddar cheese and remaining ¼ cup (55 G) of bacon bits.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with sour cream and chives.