BBQ Bacon Ice Tray Meatballs
Savor the smoky goodness of these BBQ Bacon Ice Tray Meatballs, a perfect appetizer for your next gathering. With a unique ice tray hack, you'll have everyone asking for your secret to these mouthwatering, bacon-wrapped delights.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 24 balls
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped
- ¼ cup bread crumbs (30 g)
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 18 slices bacon
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce (70 g)
- Calories 75
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line two empty ice trays with bacon, overlapping each piece to cover the tray completely.
- Press the bacon down into each round with two fingers.
- Spoon some of the meatball mixture into each round and press down to smooth. Make sure to pack the meat down to touch the bottom of the ice tray.
- Fold the edges of the bacon on top of the ice tray.
- Flip the ice tray over onto a baking sheet and carefully lift the ice cube tray off of the meatballs.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bacon is just brown.
- Brush the meatballs with barbecue sauce and bake for 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and meatballs are cooked through.
- Transfer the meatball sheet to a cutting board and cut the bacon to create single meatballs.
- Place a toothpick in each meatball.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.