BBQ Pulled Pork Fries
These BBQ Pulled Pork Fries are a delicious and satisfying snack. The crispy fries topped with savory pulled pork and a drizzle of BBQ sauce create a perfect combination of flavors and textures.
for 4 servings
- 8 medium russet potatoes
- 2 lb pork shoulder (910 g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (580 g)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (100 g)
- ½ cup scallion (50 g), sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- Calories 1551
- Fat 64g
- Carbs 173g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 53g
- Protein 71g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Slice the potatoes into ½-inch (1cm) slices, then cut the slices into ½-inch (1cm) strips.
- Place the sliced potatoes on a baking sheet along with the pork shoulder. Make sure that the potatoes are not touching the pork.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes, then sprinkle the pork and the potatoes with the salt and pepper, rubbing them in so that they are all coated evenly. Cover the pork with one cup (286g) of the barbecue sauce, then rub it evenly on all sides. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the fries, then place the pork in the center of the tray. Bake for another two hours at 350°F (175°C)
- Transfer the pork to a large bowl, and using two forks, shred the pork. Combine the pulled pork with the remaining one cup (286g) of barbecue sauce.
- In a skillet or a baking tray, layer half of the fries, half of the bbq pork, half of the red onion, the pepper jack, half of the scallions, then repeat with the remaining fries, pork, red onion, cheddar, and scallions. Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.