Easy Honey-Mustard Chicken Meal Prep
featured in 5 Healthy On-The-Go Meals
Tender chicken breasts are coated in a sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce, then paired with roasted veggies and quinoa for a healthy and satisfying meal prep option.
May 04, 2023
97% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 cup sweet potato (200 g), diced
- 1 cup red potato (225 g), diced
- 1 cup red onion (150 g), chopped
- 1 cup brussel sprout (100 g), quartered
- 1 cup green beans (360 g), chopped
- 1 cup carrot (120 g), chopped
- olive oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup dijon mustard (60 g)
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken thighs
- Calories 481
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 30g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potato, red potato, red onion, Brussels sprouts, green beans, and carrots on the baking sheet in separate piles.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Rub the seasoning into the vegetables until evenly coated and spread flat on the baking sheet, keeping the vegetables separate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper, and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in a greased cast-iron skillet. Season with salt and pepper, then brush generously with the honey-mustard sauce. Flip the chicken thighs over and repeat, seasoning with salt and pepper, then brushing with the rest of the honey-mustard sauce.
- Place the vegetables and the chicken in the oven on separate racks. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C) . (Optional: Remove the vegetables once cooked and broil the chicken for 1-2 minutes, or until the skin crisps up.)
- Let everything cool, then distribute into resealable containers, mixing up the combination of vegetables so that you get something a little different each day.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.