94% would make again
Blueberry Flower Tarts
featured in 4 Pie Crust Desserts
Inspired by sugarapron.com
for 20 servings
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 cups blueberry (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- egg wash
- powdered sugar, to serve
- Calories 108
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out pie crusts onto a well-floured surface.
- Using a 4-inch (10 cm) flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many flower shapes as possible. Ball up and roll out any remaining dough to make more flowers.
- Press flowers into a greased mini muffin tin, so that the petals fall on the outside of the mold.
- Prick the bottoms with a fork.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix blueberries, sugar, flour, cornstarch, and lemon zest.
- Divide filling between flower cups.
- Dot the top of mixture with butter.
- Brush egg wash on the petals.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.