This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 8 servings
- ½ lb pork shoulder (300 g), diced
- 7 oz chorizo (200 g), sliced
- 1 sour orange, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g)
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), chopped
- ½ cup red pepper (50 g), chopped
- 2 cups rice (400 g), pre-cooked
- 1 ½ cups black beans (210 g), boiled
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water (240 mL), used to boiled beans
- 1 can coconut milk
- Calories 379
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pan, cook the pork, chorizo, and orange juice. Remove from the pan, leaving the grease behind.
- Take the remaining grease and mix it with garlic, cilantro, onion, and pepper and have it cook for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the pork and chorizo to the mixture, then add the rice and beans.
- Add the salt and pepper to the mix and the water from the beans. Let it cook for 15 minutes until the rice is cooked, adding water if needed.
- Add the can of coconut milk and stir everything for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and eat up!!!