96% would make again
Cheesy Potato Casserole
featured in Five Hearty Casseroles You Can Prep On Sunday
This cheesy potato casserole is the perfect way to feed a family of picky eaters. With all of the components of beloved loaded potato skins (like bacon, sour cream, and cheese), it’s practically impossible for anyone to dislike this casserole. It’s make-ahead friendly, filling, and easily made vegetarian by omitting the bacon. If you’re looking for the ultimate weeknight casserole, this is your recipe.
October 31, 2019
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
for 12 servings
- 6 russet potatoes
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups sour cream (690 g)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (400 g)
- fresh chive, for garnish
- Calories 396
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and poke holes in two sides with a fork.
- Coat potatoes with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for at 425°F (220°C) for 45 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and let cool. Chop into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) pieces.
- Lay half of the potatoes on the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch (23x33 cm) baking dish.
- Sprinkle on half of the bacon, spread half of the sour cream, and sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes at reduced temp of 350°F (180°C), or until cheese is golden brown and the edges start crisping up.
- Sprinkle with chives.