97% would make again
Chicken & Biscuits Bake
featured in Rainy Day Dishes
This hearty and comforting casserole is made with tender rotisserie chicken, flaky biscuits, and a creamy sauce that's packed with flavor. It's the perfect one-dish meal for a cozy night in, or a great way to feed a crowd.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 3 cups chicken broth (720 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 2 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetable (455 g)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tubes biscuit dough, 8 biscuits each
- Calories 932
- Fat 54g
- Carbs 92g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion, stir until softened. About 1 minute.
- Whisk in the flour, stirring constantly to prevent the flour from browning. About 1 minute.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk until no lumps remain.
- Whisk in the heavy cream. Bring to a light simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly. Test for additional salt/pepper.
- Add the mixed vegetables and shredded chicken, stir until fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking dish.
- Evenly top with 12 pieces of biscuit dough (you will have extra biscuits, which can be baked off separately).
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the biscuits are golden and the gravy mixture is bubbling.
- Cool slightly before serving.