96% would make again
Chicken Parm Lasagna Roll-Ups
featured in 5 Roll-Up Recipes You Can't Resist
for 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (455 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs (230 g)
- 1 box lasagna noodle, cooked
- mozzarella cheese
- 24 oz marinara sauce (680 g), 1 jar
- fresh parsley, to taste
- Calories 910
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 132g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 60g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Lightly season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, then slice it into strips about ½ inch (1 cm) in thickness.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour followed by egg and bread crumbs.
- Quickly fry chicken strips in ½ inch (1 cm) of oil over medium heat, cooking for about 30 seconds each side to color the breading. Set cooked strips aside to drain on paper towels. (NOTE: The chicken will NOT be fully cooked after this stage.)
- On a clean surface, assemble the roll-ups. Start by laying a cooked lasagna noodle flat. Using a spoon, spread marinara sauce on one end of the noodle. Next, add a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce followed by a piece of chicken. Starting from the end with the sauce on it, roll up the noodle like a sleeping bag towards the un-sauced side.
- Place each roll-up into a large casserole dish that has been lightly covered with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour remaining sauce over roll-ups, then generously cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and edges of lasagna noodle are slightly crisped.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.