Meatball Lasagna Bombs
Bite into these scrumptious Meatball Lasagna Bombs and experience a burst of cheesy goodness! Perfect for a fun twist on a classic dish, these little delights will have everyone asking for seconds.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g), 2 cans
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- ½ cup bread crumbs (55 g)
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- ½ cup onion (75 g), minced
- 24 lasagna noodles, cooked 2 minutes less than package instructions
- 16 oz ricotta cheese (455 g)
- 12 sheets mozzarella cheese, sliced in half
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Calories 1010
- Fat 62g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 65g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Marinara sauce: In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove basil sprigs and set sauce aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs and milk and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Stir in ground beef, onions, and wet breadcrumbs. Combine well, but do not over-mix.
- With oiled hands, roll the meat into golf-sized balls.
- Heat a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Brown meatballs on all sides, then remove from pan.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180º C).
- Lay out a lasagna noodle horizontally on a cutting board. Spread a tablespoon of ricotta onto the noodle. Lay a mozzarella slice on one end of the noodle and place a meatball on top of the cheese.
- Roll up the noodle with the meatball and cheese inside. Place meatball bomb into the baking dish, with the meatball showing. Repeat with the rest of the meatballs and noodles.
- Ladle approximately ⅔rds of the marinara sauce into a 9x13-inch (23x33-cm) baking dish. Place the meatball rolls on top of the marinara sauce.
- Bake dish for 25 minutes, until top is lightly browned and meatballs are cooked through completely.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve with reserved marinara on the side.