Meatless Meatball Sliders
Bite into these scrumptious Meatless Meatball Sliders that'll have you questioning if they're really meat-free! Packed with flavor and nestled in a warm, toasty bun, these sliders are perfect for a fun and satisfying meal.
for 12 sliders
- 8 oz cremini mushroom (225 g), finely chopped
- 15 oz cannellini bean (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups bread crumbs (145 g)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (20 g), finely chopped, divided, plus 1 teaspoon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce (260 g)
- 12 dinner rolls, or hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon shredded vegetarian parmesan cheese
- Calories 279
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 28g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, cannellini beans, onion, bread crumbs, ½ cup (15 grams) of parsley, 3 cloves of minced garlic, the dried rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, nutmeg, liquid smoke, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Roll the mushroom mixture into golf ball-sized balls.
- Heat the canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Place the balls in the pot and cook for 1 minute on each side until browned all over, 3-4 minutes total.
- Add the marinara sauce and stir to coat the balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half on a 9x13-inch (23x33-cm) rimmed baking sheet. Place the meatballs on top, followed by any remaining marinara sauce in the pot, then the mozzarella. Top with the top half of the rolls.
- Mix the melted butter in a small bowl with the remaining tablespoon of minced garlic, the Parmesan, and remaining teaspoon of parsley. Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Slice into individual sliders, then serve.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.