95% would make again
Meal Prep Meatballs And Sauce
Meal prep just got a whole lot tastier with these juicy, flavorful meatballs and zesty tomato sauce! Packed with protein and bursting with flavor, they're the perfect addition to any meal prep routine. Whip up a batch and enjoy the convenience of having delicious, home-cooked meals ready to go all week long!
May 05, 2023
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
for 2 servings
- 2 lb ground beef (910 g), 85/15
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese (125 g)
- 2 large eggs, divided
- ¼ cup bread crumbs (30 g), unseasoned
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), packed, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves, divided, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, divided
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, 1/4 in (6 ml) diced
- 2 cans crushed tomato
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ lb linguine (225 g)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 12 hawaiian rolls, divided
- 1 tablespoon French’s® Yellow Mustard
- 2 roasted peppers, 2 in (5 cm)
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn, divided
- 6 tablespoons red onion, pickled, divided
- 1 tube pizza dough
- ½ cup shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- caesar dressing, to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh basil, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ricotta, 1 egg, the bread crumbs, parsley, 1½ tablespoons dried oregano, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 2 teaspoons salt. Mix well with your hands.
- Using a 1-inch (2 ½ cm) scoop, portion the mixture into 46 meatballs. Roll with your hands into smooth balls.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. 4. Working in batches, sear the meatballs on all sides, until well browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the meatballs from the pot and set aside.
- To the same pot, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 1½ teaspoons oregano, 2 teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, and the vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Return the meatballs to the pot with the sauce, cover, and let simmer for 45 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Day 1 - Linguine and Meatballs. Cook the linguine according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, reheat 1½ cups (500 G) of sauce and 10 meatballs.
- To serve, divide the linguine between 2 bowls and top each serving with 5 meatballs and ¾ cup sauce. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Day 2 - Meatball Sliders. Cut 6 meatballs in half.
- Separate the tops and bottom buns of 6 Hawaiian rolls. Spread the yellow mustard over the bottom buns. Top with the meatballs, roasted red peppers, ½ head of torn lettuce, and 3 tablespoons of pickled red onions. Top with the top buns.
- Day 3 - Pizza Pockets. Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the pizza dough out to an 8 x 12-inch (20 x 30 cm) rectangle and cut into 4 equal pieces. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon 3 meatballs and sauce onto the top center of each piece of dough.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella across meatballs.
- Fold the bottom half of the dough over the meatballs and crimp the edges to seal. Beat the remaining egg, then brush over the dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Day 4 - Meatball Salad. Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Tear 2 Hawaiian rolls into small pieces and place in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ½ head of green leaf lettuce, 8 meatballs, 1 cup croutons, and 3 tablespoons pickled red onion and drizzle with Caesar dressing. Toss to combine.