Chicken Tortilla Bowl Soup
This flavorful soup is conveniently made in a slow cooked and loaded with tender shredded chicken, sweet corn, tangy lime juice. It's served in an edible tortilla bowls for added fun and texture. Perfect for a cozy night in or a game day party.
for 8 servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock (945 mL)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pack large flour tortilla
- vegetable oil, for frying
- fresh cilantro
- monterey jack cheese
- lime, wedged
- avocado, sliced
- Calories 359
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 45g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place diced onion, jalapeno and garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies.
- Add all canned ingredients and seasonings to the chicken in the slow cooker. Top with the chicken stock.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook for 3 hours.
- Fill a large pot ⅔ full with vegetable oil and heat until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Carefully place the tortilla on top of the oil and gently press the tortilla down with a ladle. Fry tortilla until golden brown. Drain on a cooling rack.
- When soup is done, remove chicken and dice it on a cutting board. Return diced chicken to the soup.
- Place fried tortilla bowl in a soup bowl and fill it with the soup.
- Top it off with cheese, avocado, cilantro and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.