Chilaquiles Frittata As Made By Ellen Bennett
Ellen Bennett, founder and CEO of Hedley & Bennett, celebrates her big Tasty debut with a colorful brunch spread. It's bound to bring your favorite people together.
for 6 servings
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (30 g), plus more for topping
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large handfuls tortilla chips
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (10 g)
- crumbled goat cheese
- fresh cilantro leaf
- flaky sea salt
- olive oil
- salsa verde
- avocado, sliced
- pickled vegetable
- mexican crema
- white onion, thinly sliced
- crushed red pepper flake
- lime wedge
- Calories 436
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper until fully combined. Add the goat cheese and whisk to incorporate.
- Melt the olive oil and butter together in a 10-inch (25 cm) cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and sprinkle the tortilla chips, more goat cheese, and the cilantro leaves on top. Season with black pepper. Cook for 4–5 minutes, until the eggs begin to set and start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the frittata to the oven for 16–18 minutes, until the eggs are fully set and puffy.
- Let the frittata cool slightly, then top with more goat cheese, flaky salt, black pepper, olive oil, and cilantro. Slice and serve with salsa verde, pickled vegetables, avocado, and other toppings of choice.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.