94% would make again
Chocolate Banana Crepe Tower
featured in 4 Creative Crepe Decorations
for 4 servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (55 g), 1/2 stick, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk (720 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- chocolate hazelnut spread, for serving
- banana, sliced, for serving
- whipped cream, for serving
- Calories 540
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 69g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, sugar, and eggs. Whisk to combine, then add the milk and whisk to incorporate. Sift in the flour and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Scoop a ¼ cup (60 g) of the batter into the pan. Swirl the pan around until the batter evenly coats the bottom. Cook until the surface begins to bubble slightly and the edges brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the crepe and cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread over the crepes. Roll up. Cut off each end, then cut the each roll in half crosswise.
- To serve, set 3 rolls on a plate and top with 4 banana slices. Top with 3 more rolls perpendicular to the first stack, more bananas, and one more layer of crepe rolls. Top with whipped cream. Repeat with the rest of the crepes.