Orange Chocolate Almond Butter Crepes
featured in Almond Butter Sandwiches 4 Ways
August 31, 2021
for 4 servings
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups whole milk (360 mL)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Justin’s Maple Almond Butter Squeeze Packs
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange zest, divided
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- ½ cup cocoa powder (55 g)
- 4 orange slice, for garnish
- Calories 813
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 85g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Add the flour mixture in thirds, whisking until smooth after each addition. Knead 1 squeeze pack of Justin’s® Maple Almond Butter in your hands until softened, then add half of the squeeze pack to the crepe batter and whisk until totally smooth. Whisk in 1 teaspoon of orange zest. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and grease lightly with nonstick spray. Add ¼ cup of the crepe batter, tilting the pan until the batter coats the bottom evenly. Cook for 1 minute, until bubbles appear on the surface, then carefully flip and cook for another 30 seconds, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove the crepe from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 crepes total.
- Use a sieve to dust a crepe evenly with cocoa powder. Fold in half, then in half again, to create a triangle. Repeat with the remaining crepes.
- Arrange each crepe on a plate and drizzle with the remaining 1½ squeeze packs of Justin’s® Maple Almond Butter (run the squeeze packs under warm water if the consistency is too thick to drizzle) and sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon orange zest. Garnish with the orange slices.