89% would make again
Mille Crepe Cake
A delicate and impressive cake made up of layers upon layers of paper-thin crepes and velvety ganache. With each slice, you get the perfect balance of tender crepes and creamy filling, making it a favorite among dessert enthusiasts.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups milk (675 mL)
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour (210 g)
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder (80 g)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups whipped cream (1 L)
- 1 cup heavy cream (225 mL)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 oz chocolate (170 g)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (40 g), optional for topping
- Calories 658
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 35g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the crepes by melting the butter and allowing it to brown slightly. Set aside.
- In the same pot, warm the milk. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, and sugar. Mix in eggs.
- Gradually mix in butter and warm milk. Chill.
- On a nonstick skillet over medium heat, pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of crepe batter, and tip the pan to cover the entire bottom surface. Cook until bottom surface of crepe begins to brown, then flip.
- Cool crepe. Repeat until all of the crepe batter is used.
- Stack crepes on top of each other, with whipped cream between each layer. Once assembled, trim edges for a cleaner look, if desired.
- For the ganache, bring the heavy cream and sugar to a boil, and pour over chocolate and butter. Let cool.
- Spread over the crepe cake.
- Top with sifted powdered sugar (optional).