Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Turkeys
These adorable chocolate covered strawberries are sure to be a hit with your little ones this Thanksgiving. Craft these charming roasted turkeys by using mini marshmallows and pretzel sticks for the thighs and then coating in melted milk chocolate. They’re easy, only require a few ingredients and are kid-approved.
for 6 turkeys
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 12 miniature marshmallows
- 6 thin pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 6 fresh strawberries
- Calories 154
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Line a plate or small baking tray with wax paper.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stick a mini marshmallow to the broken side of each halved pretzel stick to form the “thighs”.
- Dip one side of the marshmallows into the melted chocolate, then press onto each side of the strawberries, with the marshmallow at the widest part of the strawberry and the pretzel stick pointing down toward the tip. Hold for 20-30 seconds for secure attachment. Transfer to a wax-paper lined plate. Once all of the “legs” have been attached to the strawberries, transfer to the refrigerator to harden, at least 10 minutes.
- Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate to coat completely, shaking off any excess. Return to the plate and refrigerate for 10 minutes more to allow the chocolate coating to harden.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.