93% would make again
Chocolate Fondue Bread Boat
featured in Chocolate-Covered Fruit Snacks
Who needs a boring old fondue pot when you can have a bread boat? This chocolatey, gooey goodness is the perfect party centerpiece, and your guests will love dipping in all sorts of sweet treats.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 1 large loaf bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 oz dark chocolate (285 g)
- 10 oz milk chocolate (285 g)
- 10 oz white chocolate (285 g)
- 3 ¼ cups heavy cream (780 mL), divided
- Calories 622
- Fat 53g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 39g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- On a large cutting board cut out 3 evenly spaced squares roughly half the width and ⅙ the length of the bread loaf.
- Take the 3 bread cut outs and slice them into 6 strips each.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet place bread and cut out bread strips.
- Combine butter and sugar and brush onto loaf.
- Add cinnamon to the sugar butter mixture and brush onto strips.
- Bake for 25 minutes removing the cinnamon toast strips after 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine dark chocolate and 1 ¼ cup (295 ml) heavy cream and stir until fully incorporated.
- In a small saucepan combine milk chocolate and 1 cup heavy (235 ml) cream and stir until fully incorporated.
- In a small saucepan combine white chocolate and remaining heavy cream and stir until fully incorporated.
- Place loaf on serving tray and fill each hole with one of the three fondues.