94% would make again
Chocolate Fudge 'Box' Brownie Cheesecake
featured in Cheesecakes Vs. Cheese Steaks
for 10 servings
- 1 box brownie mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 24 oz cream cheese (675 g)
- ¾ cup sugar (150 g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips (455 g)
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- Calories 944
- Fat 71g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 60g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Prepare the brownie batter and pour into greased springform pan.
- Bake until set, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and sugar until incorporated. Add beaten eggs and vanilla, and beat again until smooth.
- Remove brownies and lower oven temperature to 325˚F (165˚C).
- Pour cheesecake batter over brownie bottom, and bake for 50 minutes until set and slightly jiggly.
- Remove cheesecake and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Heat or microwave whipping cream to just before boiling and pour over chocolate chips. Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Allow the ganache to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer cheesecake to a baking pan with a wire rack. In a circular motion starting from the inside out, pour the ganache glaze over the cheesecake making sure to cover all sides.
- Allow ganache to cool and set for 30 minutes.