Indulge in a heavenly breakfast with these fluffy Chocolate Pancakes that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Drizzle with syrup and dive into a chocolate lover's dream come true!
for 6 pancakes
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups milk (315 mL), more if the batter is too thick
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour (185 g)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (30 g)
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ½ oz chocolate (105 g), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, or oil for cooking
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 8 oz chocolate chips (175 g)
- raspberry, for garnish
- Calories 635
- Fat 39g
- Carbs 62g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, mix together yolks and sugar, while still whisking, add milk
- Carefully fold in whipped egg whites.
- NOTE: It's better to use a spoon rather than a whisk.
- Add and mix the melted butter and the vanilla.
- In another large bowl, mix the sieved flour, cocoa powder, and the baking powder.
- Form a little well in the middle and pour the milk and eggs mixture. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate. Let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the ganache, in a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream, without letting it boil.
- Take off the heat, mix with the chocolate chips until perfectly smooth.
- Over low to medium heat, pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of pancake batter on a well-oiled pan.
- When bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, flip and cook it for a minute on the other side.
- When the pancakes are ready, pour the chocolate ganache on top.
- NOTE: If the ganache has hardened while you were making the pancakes, you can microwave it for 15-20 seconds.
- Garnish with raspberries.
- Enjoy !
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.