97% would make again
featured in Impressive Lasagna Dinners
When layers of cheesy lasagna come together flawlessly, that’s amore! Pile on beefy marinara sauce, delicious noodles, and a blend of cheeses, then kick back and let this lasagna do the bakin'. This classic Italian dinner is easy to whip up and even easier to call your go-to comfort food.
for 6 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g), cooked and drained of fat
- 4 cups marinara sauce (920 g)
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese (1 kg)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese (220 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package instrucions
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (300 g)
- Calories 946
- Fat 58g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 68g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef and marinara sauce.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 5 cooked lasagna noodles, overlapping as needed to completely cover the sauce. Spread 2 cups of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with the remaining meat sauce, noodles, ricotta, and mozzarella to make 2 more layers.
- Bake the lasagna for 25–30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling up through the layers. Turn the broiler to high and broil for 1–2 minutes, until the top layer of cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Let the lasagna cool for 30-45 minutes, then serve.