84% would make again
Color-Changing Frozen Mojito
featured in 12 Drinks That Will Make You Look Like a Pro
for 4 servings
- 3 cups water (710 mL)
- 3 oz red cabbage (85 g), julienned
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ½ cup lime juice (120 mL)
- 1 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- Calories 170
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 36g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add water and red cabbage to a medium-size pot. Bring the water to a boil, then strain the cabbage in a sieve over a bowl to reserve the blue liquid.
- Pour the strained blue water into an ice tray. You will be left with 1 cup (235 ml) of blue water. Reserve the water and freeze the ice tray for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Add the reserved blue water to a pot with the sugar and bring to a boil until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine the lime juice with 1½ (355 ml) cups of water and stir to combine. Pour the lime mixture into an ice tray and freeze for 6 hours, up to overnight.
- Add the blue ice cubes to a blender and blend until finely crushed. Put the crushed blue ice in a glass.
- Wash the blender well.
- Add the lime ice cubes and 8 mint leaves. Blend until finely crushed. Put the crushed lime and mint ice on top of the blue ice.
- Slowly pour the white rum and blue simple syrup. Top with a sprig of mint.