97% would make again
Cornbread Crab Cakes By Lawrence Page
featured in Crab Feast To Make At Home
for 6 servings
- 2 cups prepared cornbread (230 g), crumbled
- ⅔ cup red pepper (65 g), finely diced
- ½ cup green onion (75 g), sliced
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (80 g)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fresh lump crab meat (455 g)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Calories 461
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Over a large bowl, crumble the cornbread into fine crumbs until you have about 2 cups (200 g) worth.
- Add the red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, cilantro, garlic, beaten eggs, Old Bay seasoning, olive oil, salt, pepper, and crab meat to the bowl.
- Break up the crab meat into fine pieces until it is all uniform in size.
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands or a wooden spoon until evenly combined.
- Form the mixture into small patties, about 2.5 inches (6 cm) in diameter and ¾-inch (2 cm) thick and set aside.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large skillet to come about ¼-inch (6 mm) up the sides. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350˚F (180˚C).
- Fry the crab cakes in batches, about 3-4 at a time. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce, or they’re great just on their own!