89% would make again
Creamed Corn Bake
featured in Revamped Classic Thanksgiving Side Dishes
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sweet potato (200 g), peeled and grated on the large holes of a box grater
- fine sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups spinach (80 g)
- 2 cups creamed corn (450 g)
- ¼ cup fresh herb (10 g), such as parsley, chives, sage, or dill, finely chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup parmigiano-reggiano (30 g), grated, plus more to finish
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- Calories 360
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a 10-inch (25 cm) cast iron skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and onion, and cook until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the grated sweet potato, season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook until the sweet potato is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted, about 1 minute, then fold in the leftover creamed corn, herbs, and cayenne, if using.
- Season again to taste and stir until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to create four small indentations for the eggs and add each egg, being careful not to break the yolks.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake until the egg whites are just set and the top begins to turn golden, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkled with flaky salt, additional herbs, and additional Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately