Creamed Corn Bake
featured in Revamped Classic Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Elevate your side dish game with our Creamed Corn Bake! Sweet corn and creamy cheese come together in this comforting and delicious casserole.
May 14, 2023
88% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sweet potato (200 g), peeled and grated on the large holes of a box grater
- fine sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups spinach (80 g)
- 2 cups creamed corn (450 g)
- ¼ cup fresh herb (10 g), such as parsley, chives, sage, or dill, finely chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup parmigiano-reggiano (30 g), grated, plus more to finish
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- Calories 360
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a 10-inch (25 cm) cast iron skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and onion, and cook until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the grated sweet potato, season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook until the sweet potato is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted, about 1 minute, then fold in the leftover creamed corn, herbs, and cayenne, if using.
- Season again to taste and stir until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to create four small indentations for the eggs and add each egg, being careful not to break the yolks.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake until the egg whites are just set and the top begins to turn golden, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkled with flaky salt, additional herbs, and additional Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.