97% would make again
Butternut Squash Stuffed Pasta Bake
featured in 4 Hearty Fall Pastas
This butternut squash-stuffed pasta bake is a hearty and comforting meal that's perfect for a cozy night in. With tender pasta shells filled with a flavorful butternut squash filling, and a rich and creamy tomato sauce, this dish is sure to satisfy any pasta lover.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash (410 g), diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups spinach (80 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz ricotta cheese (425 g)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (25 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Calories 380
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the butternut squash and salt, and sauté for a few minutes.
- Then add garlic, turkey, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, and black pepper, and stir until meat is fully cooked.
- Add in spinach and salt until the spinach is wilted.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta, egg, cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cooked squash mixture into the bowl. Mix until evenly blended.
- Cook a box of jumbo shell pasta al dente. Set aside in a bowl covered in olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Heat butter in a medium pan. Once melted, add in flour.
- Cook the flour until it turns light brown.
- Add milk to the pan and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a casserole dish, sheet the sauce on the bottom.
- Stuff each jumbo shell pasta with the stuffing and place on top of the sauce.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) covered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and bake again for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with parsley.