Creamy Bacon Chive Hasselback Potatoes
Say hello to these Creamy Bacon Chive Hasselback Potatoes, a scrumptious side dish that'll have everyone reaching for seconds! With crispy bacon, fresh chives, and a velvety cream sauce, this dish is a delightful twist on the classic baked potato.
for 4 servings
- 4 potatoes
- 1 lb bacon (455 g), cut into 1.5-inch (4 cm) slices
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Chive Cream Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh chives (50 g), chopped, extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each potato, about ⅛ inch (3 mm) apart, stopping about ¼ inch (6 mm) from the bottom.
- Microwave your potatoes for 5 minutes per potato.
- Mix together melted butter, minced garlic, and minced parsley.
- Brush on the potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Insert 6-8 slices of bacon into the middle section of slots in the sliced potato.
- Transfer the potatoes to the oven and bake until the outsides are browned and crisp, about 30 minutes, basting with more butter if needed.
- In a sauce pan, combine the milk, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Heat and stir until well-combined and smooth.
- Add in the chopped chives to the cream cheese sauce.
- Stir and pour over the crispy potatoes. Add extra chives for garnish.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.