97% would make again
Philly Cheesesteak Bagel Cups
featured in Mouth-Watering Bagel Recipes
These Philly cheesesteak cups are a cute hand-held version of the classic sandwich. The flaky pastry cups are filled with tender beef, sautéed onions, and melted cheese for a savory and satisfying snack.
May 05, 2023
for 6 cups
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom (75 g), chopped
- 1 lb ribeye steak (455 g), thinly sliced
- olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- garlic powder
- ground pepper
- ⅓ cup milk (80 mL)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (80 mL)
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- ½ cup provolone cheese (55 g), grated
- Calories 684
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Chop the green pepper, onion, mushrooms and thinly slice the rib eye steak.
- Sautè chopped pepper and onions in a skillet with oil over medium heat for 5 mins. Add mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In another skillet, cook the sliced rib eye (the meat will cook in it’s own fat so no oil necessary!)
- Once meat is cooked through, add the pepper mixture, season with salt to taste, pepper to taste, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add milk and cream. Bring to a light boil, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Cut thawed pastry dough into 3-inch (7.5 cm) squares.
- Place in a greased muffin tray.
- Fill with ¼ cup cheesesteak mix and bake for 10-12 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Take out of oven and cover with grated provolone cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted.