98% would make again
Creamy Pesto Pasta Bake
featured in Easy-To-Make Pesto Recipes
for 4 servings
- 4 cups fresh basil (160 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup pine nuts (65 g)
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese (80 g), grated
- ¾ cup olive oil (180 mL)
- ¼ cup cold water (60 mL)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz fusilli pasta (340 g), al dente
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g), halved
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
- 8 oz mozzarella ball (225 g)
- Calories 1234
- Fat 89g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 42g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To make the pesto, mix basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, cold water, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor for about 30 seconds. Add in olive oil. Process until combined, set aside.
- Cook fusilli to very al dente, or about 3-4 minutes before the package instructs for cook time, then drain pasta.
- Halve cherry tomatoes.
- In a skillet or casserole pan, mix fusilli, cherry tomatoes, and pesto.
- Top with grated parmesan and mozzarella balls.
- Bake at 400° Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until mozzarella has melted.
- Garnish with additional parmesan and fresh basil. Serve immediately.