94% would make again
Pesto Quinoa With White Beans
featured in Make-Ahead Plant-Based Lunches
Under 30 minutes
Inspired by tasty.co
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 2 cups fresh basil (80 g), packed
- 2 cups fresh arugula (40 g), packed
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 mL), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- ⅓ cup walnuts (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 15 oz white bean (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomato (40 g)
- ¼ cup pine nuts (30 g)
- 3 ½ cups quinoa (595 g), cooked
- Calories 975
- Fat 65g
- Carbs 128g
- Fiber 21g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, combine the basil, arugula, ⅓ cup (80 ml) olive oil, the walnuts, lemon juice, ¾ teaspoon salt, the garlic, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the water, and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly tender. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the white beans and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until the beans begin to crisp. Add the pine nuts and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until toasted.
- Transfer the zucchini mixture to a medium bowl with the quinoa. Add the pesto and stir until well-combined.
- Distribute the quinoa between 4 airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Nutrition Calories: 1407 Fat: 109 grams Carbs: 135 grams Fiber: 23 grams Sugars: 18 grams Protein: 39 grams