91% would make again
Dairy-Free Chocolate Coconut Espresso Panna Cotta
featured in Dairy-Free Coconut Cream Panna Cotta
for 4 servings
- coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 ½ oz dark chocolate (40 g), chopped
- 2 cups coconut cream (600 g)
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- ¼ cup hot water (60 mL)
- ½ teaspoon agar agar
- shaved dark chocolate, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons espresso beans, for garnish
- Calories 517
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 69g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Grease 4 4-ounce (115 g) ramekins with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the dark chocolate, coconut cream, sugar, and instant espresso. Warm slowly, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is simmering.
- Add the agar agar to the hot water and stir until there are no lumps and the agar agar is fully dissolved.
- Pour the agar mixture into the warm coconut cream mixture and whisk to combine. Increase the heat to medium, bring to a gentle boil, and whisk continuously for 3 minutes, until thickened. Remove from the heat and immediately divide between the greased ramekins.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (The agar will set at room temperature, but chilling the panna cotta in the fridge will expedite the process.)
- When ready to serve, use an offset spatula or butter knife to carefully work around the edges of the ramekins to loosen the panna cotta. Invert onto serving plates and garnish with shaved dark chocolate and espresso beans.