45% would make again
Healthy Caramel Apple Bites
featured in 5 Refreshing & Healthy Christmas Desserts
for 8 servings
- 5 apples
- 30 pitted dates
- ½ cup water (120 mL), hot
- ¼ cup almond milk (60 mL)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- topping of your choice, if desired
- popsicle stick, as needed
- Calories 142
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 28g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, pour the hot water over the dates. Allow the dates to soak for 10-15 mins. This makes them easier to blend.
- Add the date and the water to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- NOTE: If your date puree is looking thick and chunky, add a few splashes of water while the food processor is running until the mixture thins out.
- Add the date mixture to a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix to combine. Stir often for 8-10 minutes until thick.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out apple balls.
- While the caramel cools, stick the apple balls onto the popsicle sticks. Dip the apple sticks into the caramel, roll in toppings (if desired), and allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.