91% would make again
Easy Microwave Potato Chips
featured in 6 Chip Recipes For Your Midnight Cravings
for 4 servings
- 1 russet potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Calories 118
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, slice the potato into ⅛-inch (3 mm) slices.
- Dry the potato slices with a paper towel until there is no more moisture.
- Transfer the sliced potatoes to a bowl and coat in olive oil.
- Wipe down a large flat microwavable-safe plate with olive oil to prevent the chips from sticking.
- Place the chips on the plate in an even layer and sprinkle with salt.
- Microwave the chips on high for 6-7 minutes or until the chips just start to brown. When the chips develop some color remove them from the microwave and slowly peel from the plate. If chips are sticking, they can also be flipped halfway through!
- Repeat this process until all the potato slices are cooked.