Easy Pantry Hummus
Say goodbye to store-bought hummus and hello to a homemade version that's bursting with flavor! Made with simple pantry staples like chickpeas, lemon juice, and garlic, this creamy and tangy dip is a snap to make and perfect for snacking or entertaining. Serve it with a rainbow of fresh veggies, pita chips, or even use it as a spread on sandwiches for a scrumptious and healthy treat that will impress your guests.
for 4 servings
- 15 oz garbanzo beans (425 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for garnish
- paprika, for garnish
- chips, crackers, and/or vegetable, for serving
- Calories 234
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Drain the garbanzo beans, reserving the liquid. Rinse the garbanzos.
- Add the garbanzo beans to a blender, along with the salt, cumin, and garlic. Blend on medium speed. While the blender is running, pour in the lemon juice, water, and olive oil. Continue blending until the hummus is smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving dish and use a spoon to smooth the top. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve with your choice of crackers, chips, or vegetables.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.