Eggs In Purgatory
A simple yet fancy breakfast that comes together with 5 ingredients and in under 20 minutes. If you can’t find cherry tomatoes, you can substitute grape tomatoes or even tomatoes on the vine–just dice them up!
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- ⅓ cup water (80 mL)
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes (285 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- Calories 272
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the tomatoes start to burst but still hold some of their shape, 5–7 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, create 2 wells in the tomato mixture. Crack an egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 5–6 minutes, until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still a bit runny.
- Serve immediately.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.