Wolfgang Puck’s Tomato Risotto With Shrimp
Creamy and savory tomato risotto is the perfect canvas for sweet, succulent shrimp in this Wolfgang Puck-inspired recipe. With a rich tomato flavor and perfectly cooked rice, it's a decadent and delicious meal.
for 4 servings
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice (230 g)
- ¼ cup dry white wine (60 g)
- 2 cups chicken stock (480 g), boiling
- 14.5 oz tomato soup (410 g), 1 can
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (30 g), freshly grated
- kosher salt, to taste
- white pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 8 large shrimps, peeled, deveined, tails on, butterflied
- ¼ cup green peas (40 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaf, for garnish, minced
- Calories 971
- Fat 68g
- Carbs 73g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and sauté until soft, but not brown.
- Add the rice and sauté until well-coated with the oil. Deglaze the pan with the wine and reduce until the pan is almost dry.
- Using a 4-ounce (115 g) ladle, add one ladle of boiling stock to the rice. Stir the rice until the stock is absorbed and the rice is almost dry. Continue adding stock 1 ladle at a time until the rice is tender, but still firm. It should be moist and creamy, but not runny.
- Add the tomato basil bisque and stir to combine.
- Remove the risotto from the heat, and stir in the butter and the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of minced garlic and the shrimp. Season with salt and white pepper. Add the peas and cook until the shrimp is pink and opaque, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat and sprinkle with parsley. Divide the risotto between 2 warm serving plates. Top each with half the shrimp and peas. Serve immediately.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.