96% would make again
Fajita Hasselback Chicken
featured in Hasselback Chicken 4 Ways
Spice up your dinner game with this sizzling fajita hasselback chicken! Tender chicken breast is sliced and stuffed with peppers and onions, then roasted to perfection. It's a Tex-Mex twist on a classic dish that will make your taste buds dance.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fajita spice mix
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (50 g), grated
- Calories 321
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 49g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice into the chicken several times, about ¼ inch (½ cm) apart, but only cut about 85% of the way through, leaving the bottom intact.
- Cook the onions and peppers over a medium heat until softened, then stir in the fajita mix.
- Stir in the salsa and sprinkle the cheese over.
- Mix together until the cheese has melted.
- Allow to cool to the touch, and then fill each segment of the chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon of the mixture.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-22 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.