Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries
Wake up to a delightful morning with these Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries! They're a scrumptious blend of flaky puff pastry, luscious cream cheese, and your favorite fruit preserves, perfect for a sweet start to your day.
for 18 pastries
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- flour, to coat workstation
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- strawberry, stems removed and sliced
- Calories 201
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC), and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Lightly flour the surface and roll out puff pastry on top to flatten.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 9 equal squares.
- On the top right and bottom left of the pastry, cut an L shape approximately ½ inch (1 cm) from the edge.
- NOTE: This L shape should reach all the way down and across the square, however both L shapes should not meet at the ends. Your pastry should look like a picture frame with two corners still intact.
- Take the upper right corner and fold down towards the inner bottom corner. You will now have a diamond shape.
- Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese filling in the middle, then place berries on top.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry squares and place them onto the parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.