94% would make again
Cheese-stuffed Pizza Pretzels
featured in Homemade Pretzels 4 Ways
for 3 pretzels
- 14 oz store-bought pizza dough (400 g), 1 tube
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (400 g)
- 15 pieces presliced pepperoni
- marinara sauce, or pizza sauce for dipping
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- Calories 953
- Fat 48g
- Carbs 74g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Unroll the dough, it should form 15x9-inch (38x22 cm) rectangle, then cut the rectangle horizontally into three equal strips. (These will be your three pretzels.)
- Carefully stretch each of the strips by width and length — stretch each to about 3 inch (7 ½ cm) width and about 34 inch (86 cm) length.
- Sprinkle 1 cup (100g) of cheese down the center of each dough strip. Reserve the last 1 cup (100g) of cheese for later.
- Fold the dough over the cheese, pressing to seal and rolling slightly to create 3 dough logs filled with cheese.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil.
- To form the pretzels, take one dough log, move it to the foil covered baking sheet, then form a circle with the ends of the log at the top of the circle. Twist the log ends around each other once and bring them down to meet the bottom of the circle. Repeat with the other two dough logs.
- Wrap pepperonis on the pretzels — 5-ish per pretzel — then sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese among the three pretzels.
- Bake 14-18 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately with pizza sauce for dipping.