featured in 12 Appetizer Recipes For Pizza Lovers
Unleash your inner florist with this stunning Pizza Rose recipe! Impress your guests with a bouquet of savory, cheesy goodness that's almost too pretty to eat.
May 04, 2023
96% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 5 oz pepperoni (140 g), 6-8 pepperoni per rose
- tomato skin slouse, vegetarian option, 6-8 per rose
- 3 oz pizza sauce (85 g)
- 4 oz pizza dough (115 g)
- ¼ cup shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese (25 g)
- fresh basil leaf, optional
- Calories 189
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut off a piece of pizza dough and roll out over a floured surface until it's about 8 inches (20 cm) long. Try to get the dough as thin as possible.
- Cover lightly in pizza sauce.
- Place pepperoni at one end, so that the pepperoni aligns with the bottom of the dough. Place the second pepperoni piece so that it overlaps with the first piece, and is placed sightly higher than the bottom line of the dough. Continue layering pepperoni so that each one overlaps a bit less than the previous piece, and follows an upward angle.
- Sprinkle the bottom half with low moisture mozzarella cheese, and beginning from the end with the most pepperoni, roll the dough into a lose coil.
- Place in a muffin tin, with the pepperoni facing up.
- If opting for the vegetarian version, peel long strips of skin off a tomato. (Video shows center ring being cut but you can peel strips from top to bottom to use more of the tomato)
- Bake at 400°F (204°C) for 20-25 minutes, or until pepperoni edges are crispy and the dough is fully cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Lay over a bed of basil leaves (for taste and presentation).
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.