Giant Molten Chocolate Box Cake
featured in 5 Recipes To Help You Get Over A Breakup
This dessert is a chocoholic's dream come true! A rich, gooey cake batter is poured into a bundt pan, then baked to perfection. A decadent molten center makes for an over-the-top treat.
May 04, 2023
92% would make again
for 8 servings
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- 16 oz dark chocolate (455 g)
- cocoa powder, for dusting, to serve
- Calories 710
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 75g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 46g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a large bowl, prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until just boiling.
- Add the dark chocolate to a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over. Mix until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Invert the bundt cake onto a serving plate.
- Pour the chocolate ganache in the center hole, allowing it to overflow and cover the cake.
- Dust the cake with cocoa powder and let sit for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.