92% would make again
Giant Multi-Stuffed Soft Pretzel
Experience a flavor explosion with this Giant Multi-Stuffed Soft Pretzel, perfect for sharing with friends and family. This twisty treat is packed with gooey cheese, savory pepperoni, and zesty jalapeños, making it the ultimate snack-time indulgence.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- ¾ cup warm water (180 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (280 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chives (10 g), chopped
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 sticks mozzarella cheese, halved, lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons mini pepperoni
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse salt, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Calories 370
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the water and sugar. Add the yeast and let rest for 5 minutes, until it starts to foam.
- Add the flour, salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil, and mix thoroughly until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough, grease the bowl with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, then return the dough to the bowl and cover with a dish towel or plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place for 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your fingers or a rolling pin, stretch or roll the dough out into a long, thin strip, about 30 inches (76 cm) long and 4 inches (10 cm) wide.
- Spread the softened cream cheese down the middle of the dough strip, leaving a 1-inch (2 cm) border on each end.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan, chives, and black pepper over the first third of the cream cheese on the dough strip.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the middle third of cream cheese. Place the mozzarella and pepperoni over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheddar cheese over the cream cheese on the last third of the dough strip.
- Fold and pinch the dough around the cheese fillings along the entire strip, ensuring the ends are closed. Roll slightly to seal and lengthen.
- Carefully form a pretzel shape by taking the ends of the strip, making a “U” shape, twisting the ends around each other, and connecting the ends to the bottom of the “U” shape.
- Transfer the pretzel to the prepared baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then brush with melted butter before serving.