75% would make again
Gin & Tonic Truffles
featured in Delectable Truffles
Cheers to a boozy and sophisticated dessert with these indulgent truffles! Smooth, decadent dark chocolate ganache is infused with botanical notes of gin and a zesty kick of citrus, then rolled into bite-sized balls and coated in sweet white chocolate. It's a treat that's sure to elevate your dessert game and impress your guests!
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 cup dark chocolate (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 1 tablespoon tonic water
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ lime, zested, plus more for garnish
- 10 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup white chocolate (200 g), melted, plus more for garnish
- Calories 564
- Fat 39g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 46g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add the dark chocolate and double cream, melting and mixing completely.
- Add the gin, tonic, lime juice, lime zest, and butter, and mix. Remove from heat and refrigerate for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Use a melon baller or spoon to scoop out the truffle mixture and shape into small balls. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork, dip the frozen truffle balls into melted white chocolate to coat. Drizzle with more white chocolate, and sprinkle with lime zest. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until solid.