63% would make again
Goldfish Flower Jelly
featured in 5 Recipes Almost Too Cute To Eat
for 2 servings
- 6 goji berries
- warm water
- 6 edible flowers
- 1 oz unflavored gelatin (2 g)
- 1 oz water (10 mL)
- 3 fl oz clear sweet soda (90 mL)
- 1 oz unflavored gelatin (8 g)
- 2 fl oz water (40 mL)
- 12 fl oz clear sweet soda (350 mL)
- 1 fl oz lemon juice (10 mL)
- fresh mint
- 6 chervils
- Calories 504
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 92g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 64g
- Protein 37g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Rehydrate goji berries in warm water. Cut stem-end of edible flower and insert goji berry.
- For the blackberry base, combine gelatin and water, stir, then microwave for 10 seconds. Add soda to mixture, stir, and remove foam on top with a spoon.
- Cut blackberries into halves, then place berries and mint on bottom of transparent cup. Pour soda-gelatin mixture until berries are submerged, then refrigerate cup for at least 1 hour.
- For the aquarium water, combine gelatin and water, stir, then microwave for 10 seconds. Pour this mixture into a bowl with the lemon juice and soda. Stir and remove foam on top with a spoon.
- Place bowl with aquarium water in an ice bath and stir continuously until mixture starts to thicken. Pour into cup with the set blackberry base.
- Plant chervil between berries and place berry-flower “fishes” in cup. Refrigerate until jelly hardens.