Under 30 minutes
for 24 cookies
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar (300 g), divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup molasses (60 mL)
- 2 ¼ cups Pillsbury™ Best™ All-Purpose Flour (155 g)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Frosting, 1 16-ounce tub
- Calories 77
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and 1 cup (200 G) sugar with an electric hand mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and molasses, and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Pillsbury™ Best™ All-Purpose Flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Spread the remaining ½ cup (100 G) sugar in a shallow dish.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop with a spring release, scoop a slightly heaped portion of dough and roll into a ball about 1½ inches (3.81 cm) in diameter. Roll the dough ball in the sugar to coat (optional), then place on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls 2 inches (5 cm) apart. (Bake in batches if needed so the cookies have ample room to spread.)
- Bake the cookies for 10–12 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread 1–2 tablespoons of Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Frosting over each one and decorate with festive sprinkles.