Grapefruit Mezcal Cocktail
featured in Fall Cocktails Around The World
Mezcal is a mexican distilled alcohol made from any agave succulent. This mezcal cocktail brings you its smoky flavor with the bittersweetness, but mostly sweetness, of grapefruit.
for 8 servings
Grapefruit Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup cold water (60 mL)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 grapefruit, peel
- 3 cups mezcal (720 mL)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (60 mL)
- 8 cups grapefruit juice (1.9 L)
- 8 cups ice (1.1 kg)
- 1 can lemon-lime soda
- 1 grapefruit, cut into half-wheels
- Calories 331
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 30g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the grapefruit simple syrup. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cold water, sugar, and grapefruit peel. Bring to a simmer, then cook until the sugar is dissolved, 5–7 minutes. Remove the pot from heat and let the syrup cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight, to let the grapefruit peels infuse the syrup. After infusing, remove the grapefruit peels and discard.
- Make the cocktail: In a large glass pitcher, combine the mezcal, lime juice, grapefruit simple syrup, and grapefruit juice. Stir well to combine.
- Just before serving, add the lemon-lime soda and ice and stir well.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with the grapefruit half-wheels.