94% would make again
Soju Lemongrass Pomegranate Cocktail
featured in Fall Cocktails Around The World
Lemongrass and pomegranate are both rich in antioxidant properties, and soju, which translates to “burned liquor” from Korean, is the perfect distilled liquor for this combination.
November 13, 2019
for 8 servings
Lemongrass Simple Syrup
- ½ cup cold water (120 mL)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 4 large stalks lemongrass, bruised and cut into 3 in (7 cm) pieces
- 6 cups soju (1.5 L)
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (480 mL)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups ice (560 g), plus more for serving
- Calories 76
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the lemongrass simple syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cold water, sugar, and lemongrass stalks. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar is dissolved, 5–7 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let the syrup cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight, to let the lemongrass infuse the syrup. After infusing, remove the lemongrass stalks and discard.
- To make the cocktail, combine the soju, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and lemongrass simple syrup in a 3-quart pitcher. Stir well to combine.
- Add the ice to the pitcher just before serving. Stir well.
- Pour the cocktail into glasses filled with more ice and serve.